Winter is still here and giving us snow. The roads are still slushy and the sidewalks are still icy. A winter storm just happened. From midday Wednesday to Thursday night we got lots of freezing rain and snow from the winter storm. Northern Michigan above Big Rapids received mostly snow, mid-Michigan areas of grand rapids, Lansing, Saginaw and Flint received freezing rain and sleet as well as snow. Southern Michigan got freezing rain with normal rain sprinkled in. With all that snow and freezing rain, it made the roads treacherous to go out on, so Forest Hills Public Schools as well as other districts called it a snow day.
Snow days are wonderful surprises. It allows you to take a break from the outside world and rest at home for a day. There are so many things that you can do on a snowy day. Here are some ideas that you can do on a snow day:
- Watch a Movie: Is there a movie that you have been dying to see or want to rewatch? A snow day is a perfect way to do that! Since school will have been canceled that leaves a few hours of your day free from education
- Go Outside: Being outside and interacting with the snow is fun! However, it is important to make sure that you are safe. Make sure that the temperature is not too cold and take windchill into consideration. Make sure that you have all the necessary gear to be outside. Hats, scarves, gloves, coats, boots, and snow pants are all important
- Cinnamon and Sugar Snowflakes: This is a delicious snack to make in the oven. You take a tortilla and cut it into your best snowflake shape. Melt butter and put the melted butter on your snowflake. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar onto your snowflake and put it into the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cuddle Up With a Good Book: Is there a good book that you haven’t had time to read? Snow days are the best chance to get back to your book. To make your book even better, grab a cozy blanket and your preferred hot drink whether that be tea, hot cocoa, or coffee.
- Sleep: Have you been going on little sleep? Now is your chance to catch up on all of the sleep you missed. Having a day to rest is important for everyone. It gives you a break from the stressors of school and the outside world and it’s important for your mental health to have a break. Snow Days are perfect for mental health days!
Snow Days are amazing surprises and should be used however you like. How do you use your snow days?
Image courtesy of Readenespanol.com